Getting a car and driving is a great responsibility. That being said, many different types can make it even more confusing.
Here are some types of insurance you should consider for your car.
- Liability. Liability insurance will pay medical bills for others injured in the accident. It will also protect you if you get sued. This is the minimum amount of insurance that is required by law.
- Collision. This insurance pays to repair or replace your car after you are involved in an accident. They may require collision insurance to protect their investment if they have a loan.
- Comprehensive. This insurance will cover damage that may occur when you are not driving. This may include storm damage or vandalism. Your loan may also require comprehensive insurance.
- Personal injury protection. This will pay for your medical expenses if you are involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. This coverage will protect you if you are in an accident with someone who doesn’t have insurance (or just not enough). It will cover both damages to the vehicle as well as medical expenses. Not all states require this policy, though you may want to protect yourself by adding this to your current policy.
Getting insurance for your car can be confusing. You may not be sure if you want the liability or if you want it all (or anything in between). For this reason, you should talk to a professional.
If you want to ensure your car is fully protected, don’t hesitate to contact us today at Advantage Insurance Network in Cincinnati, OH.